Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Business > Money Matters
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
B&B Tree

USDA
Dale Wiley is an unknown quantity at this point
Budget / B Plan Roll call

Ok people... it's my annual October call for 2006 budget and business plan completion.

I have my 2006 budget and business plan all completed and ready to implement. I commonly start operating off the next years budget in October. My budget remains virtually the same as 2005 as far as per hour costs are, which is all I really care about anyway, even adding 2 more employees, and some minor equipment purchases.

The overall business plan encompassing both business's, shows 2006 to be a breakout year for our nursery, when it really starts contributing instead of being a profit eating, but welcome consumer of landscape profits.

In addition, we have projected the landscape business to increase about 35% over the next 2 years, and depending on how well and how fast the nursery reaches the desired volume and profit levels, we will start looking at an exit plan for the landscape business, either to be sold to employees or to be liquidated in favor of the much LARGER margins and net profits the nursery business affords us.

My computer crashed last week, and it took my geek almost 7 days to fix it. I almost lost it, but I took the opportunity to go back to paper and pen for a while, and it was an eye opener. I picked up "The E Myth Revisited" and read it in 2 days.

I utilized some of the methods Gerber presents to do more strategic type planning and it was VERY GOOD. I have a very clear plan for both business's, a much better understanding of some of the things that caused us problems this last year, and the changes we will make for the coming year and years.

I will make a better effort to work ON my business instead of in it, and already I feel improvements, and I am much more pleased for it.

People... these business's we all have are merely vehicles to achive what we want personally in life, and are not and should not be the time and mind consuming monsters we let them become. We do this to ourselves and have no one to blame but ourselves.

Sound off on next years preperation work in planning....and budgeting...

Western Sports Turf
Landscape Specialty Services
Wetland Restoration Nursery

Forest Grove, OR
503-357-7202 - Phone
503-359-9294 - Fax

Semper Fi

You know that on Judgement Day, all the gold and silver is gonna melt away ...

You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: