Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Landscaping Design
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2017, 10:27 PM
Acorn

USDA Zone 11
s chamblee is on a distinguished road
New to landscaping

I have just built a house and would like to do the landscaping myself… I am a do it yourself kinda of guy mostly because I enjoy new adventures and learning new things.. We live in Mississippi and my home faces the northeast.. I am wanting something low maintenance.. Thinking shrubs, Natchez crepe myrtles, Jap maple, maybe jap magnolia, hydrangeas etc…. Approximately how far off the home should the flower bed extend?

I plan on tilling up the ground around the house real good before planting anything with the plan of planting them this fall..

Any information or tips you guys would bestow on this newbie would be greatly appreciated..
Old 06-14-2017, 04:55 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 4
plant-the-seed is on a distinguished road
My advice to you is to contact a professional landscape designer or architect and have a full design drawn up. The price you pay to have a professional design will save you time and money by avoiding mistakes. Also will allow you to install the plan in phases. If you need help please message me. Take Care
Old 08-24-2017, 06:10 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 1
danielmatthew is on a distinguished road
New to landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by plant-the-seed View Post
My advice to you is to contact a professional landscape designer or architect and have a full design drawn up. The price you pay to have a professional design will save you time and money by avoiding mistakes. Also will allow you to install the plan in phases. If you need help please message me. Take Care
plant-the-seed:
Yes, you are right. A professional landscaper always provides good results. If you want a landscaping designer in your area, feel free to contact info@forevergreeninc.ca.

You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: