Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Landscaping Design
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2016, 12:04 PM
Seedling

USDA Zone 6
desynerguy is an unknown quantity at this point
New design technology? Present with VR?

I want to start a new thread regarding software since most of the other threads started in 2006? I am looking to up the ante in my renderings and since this has evolved into such a competitive market, I was wondering what others are doing to keep up with the latest outputs.

For more detail read further...
I have spent the last few weeks doing research and I will put my findings here since its something that helps eliminate doing the research yourself. That takes a lot of time and we all know time is money so here goes...

I wanted to be more realistic with my output since we will be moving to oculus rift presentations. I felt in order to do that, my renderings better be quality oriented or else what the use. I currently have this work flow to get to the end result. I design in 2d with dynascape, then I import into Realtime architect 2016 and create the output for presentations. I like it but it's not good enough. So my conclusion is to design in dynascape, move the design into sketch 3d and the render with shaderlight. and present with either screen video or through oculus rift. Our next and coming up clients are tech savvy and expect us to present them that way.

I have looked at Lumion, Lumenrt, vray, blender, and countless other rendering programs,. One thing to note is that a render program is just that, a render program, other programs will be needed to create the original model ie; sketchup. Then import for rendering. Yes, some look fantastic, moving cars, groups of people, moving clouds etc. You will pay for those kinds of toys. We may move in that direction as well but be prepared to pay big bucks.

I could write a book on what I have learned in the last few weeks and it would be boring to write it all down here since most people do not read extremely long post so I will leave it at this but will certainly answer more questions and will entertain learning from others as well. After all, these posts are supposed to save us time and money right?
Attached Thumbnails
New design technology? Present with VR?-3deve4.jpg   New design technology? Present with VR?-3d2.jpg   New design technology? Present with VR?-3d5.jpg  

Tags
3d presentations , design programs , oculus rift , vr or ar
You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: