Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Landscaping Design
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 12:56 PM
Whip

USDA Zone 8
secondnature is on a distinguished road
Looking for new software for Plant Information Reports

Good morning! I am no longer able to utilize my Gardensoft PlantMaster software, which has been a source for great Plant Material reports for my clients.
My new Operating System has finally put me at a place of "outgrowing " their software. They will in the future be creating a new cloud based version, but in the meantime I need something else.

So, I am asking what others use for doing these types of reports. I have enjoyed being able to customize info and photos on my last one.

Has anyone had any success in creating their own Power Point files that they can pull from to compile plant info packages?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by secondnature; 01-05-2016 at 01:06 PM..
Old 02-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 11
Atlanta Hardscapes is on a distinguished road
I dont believe any full-time "landscape architects" frequent this forum.

I myself design by the seat of my pants as every jobsite is different and requires its own "touch".

Knowledge and experience gives me my very own "plant information packets", sorry I can't be of further assistance.

Goodluck

"The cheapest way is never the right way unless I figure out a better way."
Old 02-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Gold Oak Member

USDA Zone 6
GPM Inc is on a distinguished road
We use Horticopia. It is fully customizable for words and pictures. We've had it for years and over different operating systems.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:17 PM
Administrator

USDA Zone 4
Stonehenge will become famous soon enough
I've used horticopia and still do in a pinch. But when they required I pay full price for what amounted to an upgrade, I soured on it.

Over time I've found that I prefer giving the clients less rather than more information. Most of the time they don't value the information, they end up doing their own google searches anyway, and not doing so doesn't hurt my sales and frees up time to spend on other pressing matters.

@Atlanta - we do have LA's here.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:34 PM

USDA Zone 6
agla is just really nice agla is just really nice agla is just really nice agla is just really nice
I'm a full time LA. I believe in the less is more philosophy. Have confidence in yourself and your knowledge. Atlanta Hardscapes might sound like he's being casual, but he is also demonstrating confidence.

I have come around to the notion that the more that you provide that others can easily provide (like pre-packaged marketing stuff) the more you become one of many. Own your uniqueness.

PS. Full time licensed LA - one that believes in great designers with or without degrees and with or without a stamp!

Cape Cod Landscape Architect

You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: