Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Landscaping Design
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 PM
Acorn

USDA Zone 7
dinhduong6064 is on a distinguished road
Need dog fencing layout tips for homestead

We just bought a place on nearly 4 acres that has no fencing except for a garden fence at the back of the property. We'd like to have a fenced in area for our two dogs. While we trust them off the leash when we're outside with them, we'd like to let them run outside and play unsupervised. Here's a Google map view of our property:

The plots on the right are a tentative layout of our garden/pasture plots. The outline around the pool is where we're potentially thinking of installing the fence for the dogs.

Right now the plot is fairly open, and it's kind of hard for me to visualize what it would actually look like once the fencing is installed. Here's a view of the backyard:

For lack of a better term, would the proposed fence location make the backyard look ugly? I was also wondering if anyone could confirm whether or not the location is practical and raise any issues that we should make sure to consider.

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:17 PM
Gold Oak Member

USDA Zone 6
GLAN will become famous soon enough
what it will look like ?

Depends on the type of fence........no?

For an open look.....you could try chain link......it's a bit industrial, but a good solid fence that will stand a long, long time.

Or......perhaps......post and rail......with chicken wire tacked to the inside, to keep the dogs from going through the space of the rails.

Might also consider an in ground electric dog fence......though I know my dog........he'd run right through

You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: