Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Landscaping Design
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Seedling

USDA Zone 8
happygardens is on a distinguished road
questn Dynascape help

Hello.

I was wondering if there is anyone here with Dynascape experience that could help me. Dynascape has not been much help and I am a newbie when it comes to it.

I created a figure that I use often, which is a 2x3ft concrete paver. My question is - after I place my pavers, I need to be able to set a distance between them. Say I would like my pavers to be placed 6" apart. How do I do that? And is there a way to apply the 6" distance to all my pavers, or do I have to do it one by one?

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:33 PM

USDA Zone 6
agla is just really nice agla is just really nice agla is just really nice agla is just really nice
I'm not a Dynascape user, but most CAD programs have a command called "Array". This would be a "rectangular array" vs. a "Polar array". Setting the spacing is probably something that you'll be able to figure out once you find the command.

Cape Cod Landscape Architect
Old 02-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Acorn

USDA Zone 5
IndigenousInc is on a distinguished road
dynascape help

If I am understanding the question correctly, these are the 2 ways i would recommend.

1) Use the tool "Offset figures along an existing line at an absolute distance", which will allow you to set the desired distance and offset your figure along a line or polyline. - See Picture: dynascape help 1

2)Use the tool "Array Cartesian" which will allow you create X columns and Y columns with a desired increment between the figures. - See Picture: dynascape help 2
Attached Thumbnails
Dynascape help-dynascape-help-1.jpg   Dynascape help-dynascape-help-2.jpg  
Old 02-27-2015, 04:36 PM
Seedling

USDA Zone 8
happygardens is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your responses. I followed Agla's advice and this led me to find the tool you mentioned IndigenousInc . This work for spacing if the pavers are in a straight line. I found one of Dynascape's webinars about Cartesian Array but have not figured it out yet. Looks pretty involved.

Tags
dynascape , figures
You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: