Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Landscaping Design
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Acorn

USDA Zone 5
JoshuaMNFL is on a distinguished road
Pro Landscape Estimator

Hi All,

Does anybody here use any part of 'Pro Landscapes' estimating capabilities? I searched for and read through quite a few different Pro Landscape threads and didn't notice many (if any) companies putting this application to use.

We've been using Excel or a calculator to develop pricing for years. We've been using the CAD part of Pro Landscape for only 1 season, and now we're in the middle of developing some new systems in the office.

So I'm curious if anybody thinks it is worth the time to begin to link these together.

Thanks folks,
Joshua
Old 02-12-2015, 07:11 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 3
tezoost is on a distinguished road
I need to use but I'm hesitant because of the learning curve. Therefore, I'm strongly leaning toward Dynascape. I like the fact that it has 3D capability with sketchup, said to be easier to learn with a very nice look. I'm concerned about it's possible file-sharing limitations with autocad users and its reported cum
Old 03-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 5
Roberts Landscaping is on a distinguished road
biggrin design and estimate software

Hello
My name is rob and i have been using Realtime Landscaping Architect for around 3 years now. It has a materials list with prices that you can punch in for any materials you use.(it can calculate total job costs) its relatively simple to use and looks way better than dynascape or pro landscaping with full 3d walkthrough capabilities. If you like the photo editors it comes with that too. it cost me 500 dollars for the architect version. I have the 2013 edition i believe. They are coming out with a new 2015 edition soon. I love this program it not only sells jobs it also gives me the capability to switch out products and deduce total job costs if the customer thinks the price is too high. And if you get fast enough at it you can do all of this right before their eyes. the only thing i wish was better in the 3d build mode their roof systems. it a little difficult to do really complicated roof systems. in which case i use chief architect to build the house and roof then export it as a 3ds file, then import it into realtime to do the landscapes and hardscapes. Also you can use any google warehouse plants or models. as realtime allows you to import .3ds and .skp files(sketchup). Its totally worth the price as the first job i got with this software was a $50,000 job!!! oh yeah it also has unilock, belgard and a lot of other name brand products designed right into the program. any other question ill let you know the answer here is a link to a video of a house i did not too long ago with realtime and chief combo.
https://plus.google.com/+RobertsLand...20135319383324
Old 03-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 5
oh and for the estimating so far it works great. it can be customized too
Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 5
oh heres a good review from some guy on youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeRIVcqGSk
Old 03-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Gold Oak Network Member

USDA Zone 4
AZTLANLC will become famous soon enough AZTLANLC will become famous soon enough
Second to that real time is real good

You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: