Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Homeowner Help
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Acorn

USDA Zone 5
GLanguell is on a distinguished road
Home Foundation and Paver Install Question

Installing pavers in 120Sq Ft area between a kidney shaped concrete patio and the house. Three sides will be against the patio or the house foundation. House is 4 yr old, located in NE Indiana-I hate blue clay! My question, when the house was built, the builder poured 12" to 18" footers. then poured the house slab. The footer extends 6" past the house floor slab. The footers stop 4" below grade.

I want the paver solder course to butt up to the house slab. Do I need to do anything with the below grade footer? One person said I need to chisle out the footer so none of the pavers would be on top of the footer in case the house settles. I will have 3" to 4" for base material & sand on top of the footer to grade.

How do the Pro's tackle something like this? I will be using fabric to tie everything together. I have 10" to 12" excavated in the paver area.
Thanks,
Gene