Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Homeowner Help
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2017, 02:25 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 8
alene is on a distinguished road
Window design- Help!

I moved to Edmonton from London after getting divorced. It's been a few years now. Since then I have been living with my mother. Being a single mother, it was really difficult for her to bring up me, along with my two brothers. She managed to provide everything that we need to lead a comfy life through her hard work. But owning a house was still a distant dream for her since we didn't have any savings.
I was fortunate enough to find a job after moving to Edmonton which pays me well. I have been struck with the thought of an "own home" ever since then. It will be more like a dream coming true for my mom.
The house we are gutting down will have expansive windows. Originally, I wanted them to slide into a pocket. We are still tinkering around with the variations of the designs with a windows and doors company, but the main feature includes a 5 foot wide (9.5' tall) lift-and-slide doors -6 panels in total. As I was saying, I want them to slide into a pocket-3 to the left and 3 to the right -but my architect is steering me away from that. Even though I am okay with the idea of the stacked system as well, I think pocket door lift and slide systems will look cool. But is it more trouble and money than it's worth? Any thoughts?

You might like the following content from the Ground Trades Xchange, served by Google: