Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum

Go Back   Ground Trades Xchange - a landscaping forum > Landscape Services > Hardscaping
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 6
NATTAPON is on a distinguished road
blush Do i need permit to install paver patio in chester county PA

just got contact from client and I'm never work in this area around paoli PA, just flat patio No rise. plus the work are back of the house has no basement or foundation to worry about. Do I need permit for township? another question Does anyone rent small backhoe and haul the dirt out How much do you charge, please leave me number. job site will be around Paoli PA If I got this job will contact you

Thank in advance
Old 02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
B&B Tree

USDA Zone 7
Clarkkent will become famous soon enough
What township or borough is it? Every small little township around here has its own requirements for permitting and what's required. A lot of the townships with newer developments are pretty admanant about impermeable surface requirements and may require a permit in conjunction with a drainage plan. Some municipalities even classify pavers as permeable so it won't even come into play. Some of the older established municipalities aren't as strict and may not even require a permit at all.

I would confirm the municipality (a lot of clients have a mailing zip in one town but are actually in a different municipality -- find out where their property taxes go) and then call the municipality direct to find the requirements.

I have a hauling/excavating sub out of Phxville if you're interested. Depending on the size of the patio it may or may not be worth your while to pursue. How big is the patio. On smaller jobs you could always hand-dig and just haul out the soil in a p/u. Let me know and I can give you the contact info if you're interested.
www.clarkkentcreations.com
Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Acorn

USDA Zone 6
NATTAPON is on a distinguished road
Thank clarkkent

this potential job site will be in Easttown Township Devon PA, Still on progress, client making decision and design then I will do measurement How many SQF I don't think this job would be hand dig, I will contact you